Playing with my Malgorithm using it as an oscillator. The Malogorithm has two control voltage (CV) for bit depth and nyquist rate. Feeding the Nyquist Rate CV with the switches in the right positions makes it play act that its an oscillator. Feeding the Bit Depth CV makes it even more fun.
You can get some interesting sounds with feedback as well.
I still don’t fully understand what I’m doing with it. What I do know however is that it sounds pretty damn cool. Totally different than what i had going on last night though. Last night it sounded like R2D2 overdosing on meth, good times.
Got my case, got my modules, got some sounds. Now all I need to do is figure out what the hell I’m doing.
Was happy enough to record some stuff I was mucking about with. Not totally happy with all of it. I’m not really sure where the clicks were coming from in part of it. All from the modular with a touch of reverb applied as I was recording. Was having a blast playing with speshal ed, my OSC 303, that showed up in the mail today. Luckily my somewhat touchy noisering didn’t freak out on me.
This is going to be the final setup. I have most of it just missing the stuff in red. I changed it around a bit after talking with people about what will come in handy. Quite a bit is still in the mail. The mailman’s going to be bringing me 2 LFO’s and a mixer. Woot Woot!
Now i’m just waiting for my case to get sent and i’ll be ready to rock and roll.
A couple of months of planning came to fruition last weekend. I had a great time and am so glad its all over. Seeing everyone was really cool and listening to everyone’s set was a lot of fun. Thanks to Golden Master for the photo!
I was running nanoloop into my Nord G1. Then I had several patches that would let me do some sonic mangling and also send audio to my KP3 or the mixer which let me do quite a bit of live sampling. I had everything midi synced so that any loops would line up.
I was a pretty good set up for the most part. Its extremely fun to play with. The downsides were two fold. First my naming structure sucks every patch was either shftwv, sharftwav, shftwv4, etc etc.. which made it really difficult to remember what patch did what. The other thing I ran into was that I had been practicing my set in front of my computer with the patch editor open so I could just look and know what knob did what. Playing live with just the G1 I realized quickly that I was rather vague on what did what without looking. Whoopsie!!
Other than those two little things I thought it went pretty well. Since on all the G1 patches I had two knobs for the out to the KP3 and from the G1 to the mixer I had a lot of flexibility in how it all worked volume wise. There were a couple of huge spikes from when I was a bit to slow to adjust the levels.
One of the things that really worked out was that I could switch patches and have the KP3 playing loops. One downside of the Nord Modular is that when ever you change patches it takes it a second to figure out the assigned voices for the patch, its not a huge thing but I don’t watch the sound to drop out like that. As soon as I get my studio set up again I’m planning on playing with this setup some more and working on a longer more polished live set.